Tuesday, November 16, 2010

When did Vampires go from Scary to Sexy??

So I have never really been into vampires.  Sure I've watched movies with them.  Heck I remember Brad Pitt in his movie "Interview with a Vampire".  However, I watched the movie and then that was all it was.  No more, no less.  It was a movie and I had no allure or attraction to him as that character.  Sure I think Brad Pitt is good looking, but again nothing stuck with me.

For those of you that have been reading my blog for sometime, well you really have to view it once and see my Edward button, to know I adore Robert Pattinson (aka Edward).  Since I loved the Twilight series, friends had recommended that I check out "The Vampire Diaries"(TVD).  So like any good friend would :-)  I got the books and read them.  The first book I read out of the series I liked, but still Twilight was my favorite.  The more of the books I read the more I fell  in love with the series.  I had heard about the show, but as must people find once you read the book and watch the show you end up disspointed.  However, I am pleased to say I have watched every single episode and caught myself up, I was about 1.5 yrs behind, and LOVE the show.  There has been many changes from the book, but nothing that brought down the novels, if anything it has enhanced them!

The show has the same characters and some new ones and I love where the writers and the directors have taken the show.  Plus it is great to see new fresh young actors and actresses that can actually act and I love the fact that the lead actress in the show Nina Dobrev  is CANADIAN.  Yes I watched her when she was on Degrassi: The Next Generation :-)

Now onto the topic of my post when did Vampires become sexy???   What is it about young men over 100 that women of all ages are attracted  too?  Ian Somerhalder who plays Damon Salvatore on TVD was on "Lost" he's been on other shows, but I never noticed him and he didnt stick out to me.  Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore and as well had many different appearances, but again never noticed him.  So it can not be their looks alone that draw these women towards them.  Their character has a large part in this and that is where I wonder what is it about these Vampires that have women loving them so much and not afraid of what they represent?? 

No comments: