Saturday, February 12, 2011

Portobella Mushroom Pizza!

So the past couple of days I have been making some new and fresh meals in our household.  Tonight I made a Portobello Mushroom Pizza.  I was a little worried how it would taste, but was willing to give it a try and was so glad that I did!  Its quick to make and only 97 CALORIES PER PIZZA and they were very filling so I definitely recommend checking out this one!

I'll be adding pictures once my camera batteries recharge, it died as I took my last picture! :-(


4 whole portobello mushroom caps without stems
1/2 cup low-fat marinara sauce
1/2 cup lean turkey Italian sausage-cooked, drained and crumbled
4 tablespoons shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped basil

Clean the mushrooms and place them on a baking sheet. Then place spoonfuls of the sauce over the tops, sprinkle the sausage and the cheeses. Then bake at 350 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh basil.

Enjoy!

No comments: