Sunday, May 22, 2011

gro Organic Garden Planner Review



When I was young my family had a huge garden in our back yard.  I remember going out in the yard with them and spending a lot of time in the spring and summer doing fun chores.  I use to help my family plant the seeds, water and pick the weeds.  Of course, the weed picking was the one thing that I had to do the most of, like it or not.

I remember the reward though of getting to go out to the garden and having  a great selection of fresh fruits and vegetables in my back yard.  Plus the taste always seemed so much better then what you could buy at the store. I had always wanted this for my family, but where I live now the lots are so small that I did not think it was possible to arrange to get a garden in my yard and still have a place for the children and dogs to play.

I feel one of the biggest stresses for a lot of people who want to build their own garden is knowing how to start and what to do with it.  Sure I was lucky to have hands on experience in my parents garden when I was younger, some people do not get any experience.  However, that is now many years behind me now and I can honestly say I have forgotten and do not really understand what I am doing.

I was excited recently when I recently had the opportunity to review the groOrganic Garden Planner.  This was perfect timing as I could use this as a resource to get started on looking to create a garden at my property.  I was pleasantly surprised at how user friendly the application was.  You do not need to be a computer genius to use the application and build your own garden.

The great thing is this application works for people who are looking at starting a new garden, like myself or get assistance with an old garden or just ask questions.  I decided to play it safe and use the tutorials just to make sure I knew what I was doing on the site.  I have to say they were all very easy to follow even with distractions, such as children calling you, you will still be able to follow everything fully.

When getting started with the planner it first would like to know your postal code.  This helps the planner know what your weather is like and of course to let the system figure out what grows well in your climate.  This I thought was a big win, especially as I am living far away from the province I grew up in.  Reality is the climate is very different and I can not assume that what my family use to grow would survive out here. Then it asks you on the size of your garden so it can help you determine on what should be planted and how much you can actually do!!  We all want to make sure we are getting the most out of what we spend money on so this clearly is no exception.  Gardening does take some time and money and with the cost of food the more you can grow at home, definitely the better!!

Tori and Dean with their Garden!
The site was wonderful I could design my garden the way I wanted to.  The site would tell me how many plants I could grow in a certain area and where to plant my next one.  I could design it all on the computer and then when it was all designed I could then go ahead and started getting everything together so I could plant it.  The hardest part of the job the groOrganic does for you!

This is not all that you receive with your annual membership.  There are additional features that you can set up so you receive emails from groOrganic so that you know when it is time for things to be planted.  Also, it tells you when you can harvest and where is the best place to rotate your crops for the following years and so much more!!!!

This was a great resource and I am so happy that I get to share this will all of you and think for just their small annual fee you can get started with your own crop and reap the benefits of growing your own garden.   Believe me when I say you will not regret it!  Be sure to check out groOrganic!

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

1 comment:

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

That sounds really neat!

I just found your blog through one of the Sunday blog hops! Can't wait to read more. Hope you have a good week.

Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com