Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tasty Tuesday!

Welcome back everyone!! I hope that you are having a great day!!  Its another Tasty Tuesday!  I love cooking and trying new things.  This weeks Tasty Tuesday is a pasta free spaghetti dish I made.  I am currently doing the 17 Day Diet and I have been missing my pasta, but I found this recipe and it was a great healthy alternative to having spaghetti and sauce!



Noodle Free Spaghetti and Sauce


1 Medium Spaghetti Squash (about 1.5 pounds), washed, halved lengthwise and seeds removed.

2 Cups low fat marinara sauce

2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil or parsley

2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese


Preheat the oven to 375 F.  Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil with cooking spray.

Pierce the outside of each half of the squash a few times with a fork.  Place the squash cut side down on the baking sheet and bake for about 45min, until very tender when tested with a fork.  Allow to cool slightly.

While the squash is cooking warm the pasta sauce

Using the tines of a fork, rake the spaghetti-like threads of the squash into a mixing bowl.  (There will be about 3 cups.)  Discard the skin.  Pour the hot pasta sauce over the sauce and toss gently.  Garnish with the bail or parsley and cheese.



I ended up adding some more vegetables to my spaghetti sauce, but feel free to adjust as you like!

Enjoy!!

6 comments:

Liz Mays said...

OH YUM! This is such a great idea. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I was watching two Italian chefs on our news this morning and I have to say their ideas didn't sound as tempting as this one.

CJ xx

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy. where do you find Spaghetti Squash. Never heard of it. And whats the 17 day diet?

Teana said...

Looks delicious!! Pasta is my all-time FAV food :) New fan from the Fun Tuesday Blog Hop!
Stopping by to show some blog love!

Teana
http://glamandfrugalwife.blogspot.com/

Jayda said...

Thanks Ladies, it is super easy and as for the spaghetti squash you can buy it at your local grocers with the other squash! I'll be adding a post about that and what the 17 day diet is so be sure to check back soon to the blog!

Thompsonapsa said...

Job Opportunities - Mackinac Island Carriage Tours. Michigan law requires that a person with a disability or. The majority of jobs offered by Carriage Tours involve. The cost is $91.00 per week, which includes breakfast and. Michigan Truck Driving Jobs. Local Truck Driving Jobs >Michigan Michigan Truck Driving Jobs. U.S.Trucking Companies are looking for good drivers to run local routes in Michigan.