Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Smurfs in 3D

 


Have you had a chance to head out with the family and check out the The Smurfs yet???  If not what are you waiting for?  Earlier in the month my husband and I and our family along with my sister in law and her husband and their family went out early one saturday morning and checked out the new movie.  

I have to admit I was a bit reluctant when I heard that the movie was coming out as I knew it was going to be something brand new and I did not want my past memories of The Smurfs ruined if this movie was not good.  Yes, growing up I was a fan of those little blue creatures!!  I remember waking up early on weekend mornings before my parents so I could sneak in some cartoons before I would be told to turn the T.V. off for the day. Yes young-ins, that was before they had channels dedicated to cartoons 24hrs a day.  I am that old. :-P  I was such a fan that a few years back when we were shopping at Costco one day I saw they had released season 1 and yes I had to own it!!

So even though I was headed into this movie anticipating to be disappointed, I have to admit the complete opposite happened!  It was great.  The story line was fun and did not ruin and thoughts or notions on how I thought The Smurfs were from many, many years ago.
It is still in theaters and no matter if the kids are back in school or not yet be sure to plan a family day and head out to the theater.  This is a fun movie for the entire family!!  





No comments: