Sunday, September 11, 2011

Why am I so scared that I'll be the reason you'll need to shop for truck parts

For those of you who are new to my blog you may not realize that I am a born and raised Prairie Girl.  I was brought up in a city that a population of about 200,000 people.  However, I am now living in an area that has more people then in the entire province I use to live in.  This clearly would indicate that there are so many more vehicles and especially trucks where I live now.  So many companies have their warehouses out here or main offices.  Which means I drive around with a lot of big trucks and feel like a small pebble on the road compared to them.

Needless to say I am a huge chicken when I have to drive near them on the roads and especially when I am on the highway.  If I end up beside one I end up speeding up so fast in order to get away from it.  I am scared that I am going to be beside the one truck that does not see me and I end up squished.  Yes I know I am over paranoid and I am probably more likely to get hit by a car when on the road, but I just can not help it.   So if your ever on the highway and you happen to see me please keep the path clear if there are big trucks driving around so I can get out of there.  The last thing I want is parts of a truck getting too close to me on the highway.  I do not want it because of myself that they need to be repaired and I am sure they are hoping the same.

Am I alone or do you also hate or have a fear of driving next to big trucks as well?




I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog and was
compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.

2 comments:

Crissy5801 said...

When I drive on the QEII Highway here in Alberta, regardless if I'm driving my car, or my husbands giant pick-up truck, I too speed up to pass the larger trucks. I want to get it over with as quickly as possible. There's nothing worse than panicking thinking that the big trucks are going to change lanes and wedge you under their load!

Unknown said...

The only ticket I've ever gotten was because I was speeding up to pass a semi. Now I won't do it because $200 is a heavy price to pass a truck that makes me uncomfortable..