Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tasty Tuesday!

Smoothies are a big hit in my house!  They are a hit with my entire family and it is a great way for everyone to have some fruit and other nutritious food in a drink form.  I do not know about you, but I am not great at making sure that I get the required about of fruit and vegetables in my daily diet.   This is what is great about smoothies.  You can ensure you do and best of all your making it yourself so you know what is in it!  My children love making these with me a well its a simple, almost mess free activity you can involve your children in.  Not to mention it is healthy for them!


Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie

1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter (use nut free if you prefer)
1Whole Banana
2 cups low fat milk  (add more milk or water until you get your own desired consistency)

Add all of the above items into your blender and blend until smooth  If you find your smoothie is too think for you add more low fat milk and/or water until you have your preferred desired consistency. If you would like to sweeten it up a bit naturally feel free to add a pear in and have a bit more fruit. 
I usually will add the fruit before I add more liquid as pear has its own natural juice!  If you want it colder add some ice and blend again before serving!


Enjoy!

No comments: