Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Spaghettini with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

Emails.... Need I say more. We get them every day and I do not know about you, but I get more then I can read on a daily basis. I go through them and read any that catch my eye and if the title says recipes and healthy it caught my attention! While going through my emails this week I saw one that Danone had sent me with heart healthy recipes!

My kids love pasta and as I am always looking for ways to mix up supper time this recipe looks perfect for doing just that!  If your looking for more great recipes be sure to check out their site!

Source: www.blog.danone.ca


Spaghettini with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

 4 large red peppers
3 cloves garlic, peeled
4 tsp (20 ml) olive oil ½ tsp (2 ml) salt
10-12 fresh basil leaves
400 g whole-wheat spaghettini
Parmesan (for grating)

Preheat broiler to 500°F (260°C). Adjust rack to upper position. Wash, dry and slice peppers in half. Take out core and seeds. Place cut side down on a parchment covered baking sheet. Dip the garlic in the olive oil and place on the baking sheet with the peppers.

 On upper rack, place the vegetables into the oven. Bake in a preheated oven at 500°F (260°C) about 8-10 minutes until the skin on the peppers is blackened in a couple places and blistering. Remove from oven and put the pepper in a large bowl, immediately cover with cling film. Let sit and cool for 10-15 minutes. Peel the skin off the peppers by scraping it off with a paring knife. Put the peppers, remaining olive oil, salt, garlic and basil in a food processor. Buzz till smooth. 

 Boil pasta (as per package instructions) and serve with the sauce, a sprinkle of fresh Parmesan and fresh ground pepper. 

Enjoy!

 

9 comments:

Ashley P. said...

that looks sooo sooo good! thanks for posting.

SASS
http://www.talesofmommyhood.blogspot.com/2012/03/do-as-i-say-not-as-i-do.html

zcb257 said...

We are always looking for good, meatless recipes! It's easy to cook tasty meat and potatoes, but finding a tasty veggie based meal is not so much. Thanks for sharing a new one we can add to our list!

Adventures in Miscellany - SASS
http://adventuresinmiscellany.wordpress.com/2012/03/03/an-autistic-boy-and-his-dog/

Little Miss Kate said...

I LOVE roasted red peppers and their are so many ways to use them.
Yummy!

-SASS

Searching for Happy said...

That looks delicious! Thanks for the pepper cooking instructions. I realize that I undercook them now!

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious!

(visiting from SASS)

OrangeHeroMama said...

Yumm! That sounds wonderful! :)

~SASS

Multi-Testing Mommy said...

Visiting from SASS!

That sounds and looks SO yummy!

Eva | Little Cool Toys said...

Sounds great! This will be a nice change from our traditional tomato sauce :)
SASS - http://www.littlecooltoys.com/blog/creative-play/

Unknown said...

Oh yum! I adore roasted red peppers, but would never have imagine a scratch sauce would be that simple. Thank you!- SASS