Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Eggplant Parmesan

Like many other people when a new year comes along I say this will be the year that I eat better and try to loose those extra pounds.  Then it seems warmer weather comes and I really kick my butt into gear.  As reality sinks in it is going to be short and tank-top weather soon!

I have been trying out the 17 Day Diet and I have had to introduce a lot of new variety of foods into our supper table and Eggplant has been one of the new foods I have been cooking.  Yes, I have had Eggplant before, but I have never really known how to cook it.  My kids love cheese and I thought this would be a great recipe to try.  I made mine a little different and it looked more like french fries, but honestly no matter how you prepare it still tastes awesome.  Even my kids and husband liked it!

Be sure to check out the 17 Day Diet Recipes online or in your 17 Day Diet book!




Eggplant Parmesan

1 large eggplant, peeled
4 egg whites
Fat-free Parmesan cheese
Garlic powder, to taste
1 cup of low-carb marinara sauce


Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut into ¼ inch slices. In a shallow dish, beat egg whites and 4 tablespoons of water until foamy. Dip eggplant slices into egg whites, then into fat-free Parmesan cheese, pressing cheese into eggplant. Place eggplant on prepared baking sheet that has been sprayed with vegetable spray and sprinkle with garlic powder. Spray vegetable cooking spray over eggplant slices. Back 30 minutes at 400 degrees, turning eggplant over after 20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Cover with 1 cup of low-carb marinara sauce. Bake for 20 minutes, or until eggplant is piping hot and sauce is bubbly. Makes 2 large servings.

Enjoy!

No comments: