Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tasty Tuesday:Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup

Recently when shopping I had a coupon for Clubhouse slow cooker seasoning so I thought I would try the Minestrone.  I personally have never made Minestrone soup no matter if it was in the slow cooker or not.  I have to say this was also the first time I have made any kind of soup in my slow cooker.  I do use it often, but usually for other types of meals.  Clearly, I was excited to try this out and see how good it really would be and how simple.



I have to say this soup was a hit.  It made tons and I had enough for a few different meals.  It was so easy to make and tasted like it took a lot of work, but really the hardest part was chopping up the vegetables, which really was quite simple.  I would definitely make this again for my family.  Next time though I will probably omit the noodles as I found when I kept it for leftovers the noodles soaked up so much of the broth.

Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup


1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup  celery, chopped
1 cup  carrots, chopped
1 398 mL diced tomatoes with juice
1 540 mL kidney beans, rinsed and drained
½ cup uncooked baby pasta shells (optional)


Place vegetables, tomatoes and kidney beans in slow cooker.  Then combine the seasoning mix and water. Pour over items already in the slow cooker. Stir together and the cover.  Cook on high for about 4 hours or Low for about 8 hours.  If you are adding the noodles they can be added one the above cooking time has past.  Stir in the noodles and cover.  They will cook until tender which will be about 10 minutes longer on high.

Enjoy!!

 

Disclosure: I was in no way compensated for this post. Views are 100% my own.

No comments: