Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tasty Tuesday:Bacon, Smoked Cheddar and Tomato Crostini with Asparagus



I had the chance to try out Bacon Skillet Jam.  It was not something that I would have normally have tried, but figured with the review it would a great opportunity it try it.  If you are wanting to try it for yourself be sure to check out their website: www.skilletbaconjam.com you can also contact them through email at eat@skilletstreetfood.com

I always reading about how companies came to be and thought I would share a bit about this great company:

"In 2007, Chef Josh Henderson created Skillet Street Food in Seattle, one of the first food experiences of what has since become a prototype for the national street food movement that has swept the country. Out of a vintage Airstream trailer, he created innovative lunch menus based on American-inspired food prepared with classic technique and seasonal ingredients. The reception from Seattle'ites was immediate and passionate. They were drawn to the chef driven food, the excitement of being a part of a new, energetic, urban experience, and to the intimate involvement through the use of social media channels that intensified the connection with the Skillet brand."

I thoroughly enjoy the product. It tasted so much better then what I was anticipating and I wish it was available in my local stores.  Although I was happy to see it is available to be bought online.  I personally added it to some chicken as a marinade to give the chicken a sweet smokey flavor and it was divine.  I did happen to see that there were more recipes added to their website so I thought I would share one that looked awesome!  I only wish I had seen this recipe a long while ago. 


Bacon, Smoked Cheddar and Tomato Crostini with Asparagus

Half baguette (or about 12 slices)
½ cup (125 mL) Skillet Original Bacon Spread
5 oz (150 g) smoked or extra old cheddar, thinly sliced
8 to 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
6 asparagus spears, blanched, halved lengthwise if thick, and cut into 2-inch (5-cm) pieces
2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted pine nuts
Freshly ground black pepper



Slice the baguette diagonally into thin slices, and place on a baking sheet. Broil for 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).  Spread about 1 tbsp (15 mL) bacon spread evenly over each crostini.

Top each with cheese, a few cherry tomato slices and asparagus pieces. Sprinkle with pine nuts and freshly ground pepper. Bake about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the cheddar melts. Serve immediately.

Serves 4 as an appetizer

Enjoy! I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: